Thursday, July 12, 2007

Too Much Thinking, Not Enough Painting

Since I've returned from Italy, I've been mulling over where my work is headed, and what I have to say. I was so blown away by all the masterpieces at every turn, and it was all so magnificent. When I came home , there was a great high at experiencing such art. It has been followed by a low. I have found myself thinking about what I have to contribute in light of all that beauty and all that ground breaking work. Frankly, I don't compare favorably to Caravaggio and Giotto. What I do know is that I'm not happy if I don't paint, and that there are people out there who value my work. If I can make a difference to how I feel about my life, and bring something of significance to someone else, I think it's worth the journey. After all, it's about the journey, not the goal.

No comments: