Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Reflections of Italy

It's hard to believe I've been back from Italy for 2 1/2 weeks already. I'm still reliving some experiences. I love everything about the place. The history goes back further than I can comprehend, it makes us seem so very young in the US. I will focus this post on Pompeii. and Herculenum. It was my second visit to Pompeii and it was a mixed bag. There were some sites I hadn't seen before, and other sites that were inaccessable this time around due to theft and vandalism. Isn't civilization great? At any rate, it's still remarkable to feel that time has stopped in these once vibrant cities with their rich culture and beautiful art. I am particulary amazed at the refinement in the frescoes and the richness of the mosaics. I am curious to see if any of this will come into my work. Time will tell.

No comments: